Monday 21 May 2018

Time.

Time. What a bitch. I realised this past week how exhausted I actually was after my "holiday" and how I couldn't bring myself to do a damn thing.

To add to my despondency the sun was beating down all week and if you have ever been to England that is not a gift horse you look in the mouth. That and the Portuguese plague I managed to bring back with me.

As well as this I waited until Friday morning at the door for my wedding invite but it seems Harry forgot to send me one. Those kids are so up there, William forgot as well!

I was going to plot out a decent little quest but, I then realised that 35 years ago today was the day I left school. Where did that shit go?

Couldn't watch this back then though....



In that short period I feel I've seen so damn much. The birth of the internet, the birth of the home computer, cars that talk, robots that walk, the fall of the Berlin wall, the man on the moon, the death of a princess, John Lennon, the Pope and Ronald Reagan being shot and the Falklands war plus shit loads more I could mention.

Out of all the things the time changes with its new inventions and discoveries and changing policies of governments and fall of regimes the one thing that has never changed is music.

I can't bring myself to adapt to the absolute shit of the day. I first noticed this evil change in the mid 80's when I first heard a record come on the radio in 1987, Mars, Pump up the volume.

When I heard that I knew music had some sort of terminal disease and was doomed for the rest of eternity. I feel for the kids of today (I swore I would never say that...) with their constant drum beat with some crap bass "riff" following it and some guy with a dodgy pretend accent rapping over the top. Good luck with that.

When I mention that I like punk and rock, the answer I get is "I can't tell what they say". Are you fucking kidding me? I have a daughter with a mixed up music brain and I've tried to listen to that rap shite on several occasions and not only after 20 seconds do I want to smash up the speakers I am convinced that they are speaking in tongues. 

So, next time you want to tell me you don't know what the Clash are singing about or you can't understand the lyrics to God save the Queen realise one thing, you are a dick and its never been cool to be a dick and never will be. Don't start a new trend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...