Wednesday 18 April 2018

New section added for modelling

I've been asked by numerous people about how I make my models, all of which expect me to jump up and shout Blender at the top of my voice and all seem equally surprised when I say I don't use it.

There are several reasons I don't use it but the main one is my terrible eye sight and the mess it calls a user interface. I just can't wrap my head around all the tiny little icons it throws at you for all the things you are never going to need apart from extreme circumstance.

Saying that, I am a big fan of Maya which has a much greater habit of supplying you with things that are rarely used but I'm used to it. Old dog, new trick, not happening. 

The reason for this post isn't for me to spout off about modelling it is to let you know that I've added a tutorial page or two to this blog aimed at people that have always wanted to learn but have been scared shitless by words like vertices and polygons. 

As I say. I like Maya, but.... If you are just interested in getting started then coughing up the £3,000 to acquire the software package isn't a great idea.

In this case I'm going to use the simplest and most straight forward software I know. Wings 3D.

Don't be fooled by the fact everyone is screaming Blender at you from the roof tops. That Wings isn't a powerful modelling tool. It very much is.

I'm not only going to teach you how to model in Wings but I'm going to teach you how to get that model from Wings to the construction set. This will involve Blender to some degree but only because it has the best nif exporter there is. 

Hopefully I can cover everything you will need to know but if I miss anything out then be sure to let me know. Be sure to click that Follow button up there to so you know when I've added another part!

"Modelling in Wings and other things"








No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...