Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mega May Modathon

It is with a joyful heart that I see the amount of people joining in this May's Morrowind Modathon.

Some great stuff to!

From utilities to models to quests to updates and upgrades. The whole range has been addressed.

I especially liked Aleist3r's Simple Name Generator as will anyone that makes mods themselves. Be careful! You can get a Dim Tim :D

Melchior's Magnificent Manuscripts are really good to. I saw those in the making and was liking those before release! I also have to mention Null Cascades Happy Harvesting mod which I have yet to test with Morrowind Rebirth but I am confident it will be compatible to a point.

I have to say of all the mods released the one that struck me as the most adventurous was Merlord's
Frostwind - Well worth checking out.

I had already discussed this mod with Merlord but I had no idea he was so close to completing it and absolutely no idea he was going to release it for the Modathon. If it wins overall I would not be surprised.

The achievements badges really have hit it off. Now I understand Steam, it really is a sneaky ploy!

They're a bit like a diploma in modding. As a modder I know that we don't seek approval from the masses or any kind of ego boosting, head swelling comments (and mostly we get critical messages to be honest) so these achievements really do make a difference. After working your fingers to the bone for the sake of the community it is quite nice to get a pretty little badge to slap on your work just to say; "I'm not half bad at this".

Now I'm back I may or may not release something for the modathon. My inspiration is there but my imagination is not. Our Caldera wont be ready before the 1st June and all my efforts and thoughts are going into that instead of side tracking myself into something completely new and different. Knowing me  though....you never know.

Here's a random picture of a bridge I took in Portugal. This will for sure appear as a model at some point for somewhere!


And here's another random picture of me and a lizard I seem so excited to have caught.(We don't have them here).



That has to be the brightest hand in history.

Looking forward to going back there (but only to the country. I hate the city) to see if I can't catch a snake next time. I found some snake "holes" but they refused to come out no matter how much I jumped on them.

Added some new in-game snaps of Caldera with a new texture set. The Caldera Experiment

Until next time. I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...