Thursday 12 April 2018

Caldera Update

Well sort of. More of a "Caldera excuse" really. Burt has started a new job and has some other things going on and my back and balls have been awful. 

We have still managed to discuss a good few future prospects regarding the project and even added some further models to the set and Burt has started on the interior set.

Added this week; 

Chimney stacks, exterior forge, grinder, tanning rack, three new windows, a new door and a porch.

Also tweaked a few models and UV's to make them look and work better.

I did manage to make a new model for the mages guild which I was quite pleased with.




Needless to say it has been tweaked severely since this Sketchfab upload as I wasn't happy with some of the texture alignment and the split between the brickwork and the daub.

As another plus, Bethamez Reborn made it into the Mod of the Month for February which surprised me greatly as there was a lot going on in February and not a lot going on from me. I failed to release anything in March which is very unlike me and I haven't downloaded any of the mods in the vote for it.

If you have, then go and drop your vote off here; Voting Poll


The video is worth a watch if nothing else for DEG's amusing dig at TheDrunkenMudcrab.




I think it's coming close to that time where I attempt to make another shit video. This time I will be out of the ruins and in the open air in Caldera but I think a bit more clutter is needed first and perhaps an NPC or two walking around would be good.

Burt and I do intend to have some sort of "Windows glow" thing going on in the town but as yet we can't decide (we have a total of four broken eyes between us) on what looks best and we did spend an entire evening fucking about with textures and glow maps and even pulsing and animated nifs to no avail.


Back willing (and right ball), I am hoping to make a start on the governors manor but as yet I still have no idea how it should look and google images are not helping me at all in this area. We have both looked and both drawn a blank but I'm sure one of us will spot the perfect home for the intrepid governor before long.

Thanks all for reading this blog (I can see how many do from the stats). You can also follow this blog if you so desire by simply clicking the follow button at the top of the page.

My neglected youtube channel and also my DRP discord server are also linked above.

Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...