Wednesday 7 March 2018

7th March 2018, Already...

Alright. What happened to February? It was right here when I went to bed and now it's gone. I can't remember it doing that so much when I was younger. 

The last few months have been hell on Earth for me. Started with the flue just before Xmas which prevented me drinking copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and stuffing my face. I know I don't believe in the whole Xmas spirit and all that but the wife loves it. Lucky for me the kids hate it as well and we enter the period with all the lustre of a man walking the green mile.

This year was slightly different. My first Xmas as a Grandfather and my first Xmas actually married to my long suffering "woman in the wings". Even with those things in place to ramp up the Xmas cheer and the fact my son had bought me the only Xmas present I actually wanted, Christmas RAM, I still couldn't find any enthusiasm to listen to Wham and send pieces of cardboard with Robins printed on them to my neighbours.

 The old ball and chain was all excited about it though and had me embarking on the yearly excursion from the attic to the living room with all manor of green, red and gold tensely things and plastic snowmen and the like.

New Year came and went and I got colic. Not for a day, oh no. For the entire month of January rendering me irritable, grumpy and short tempered. Or as my son would say. Normal. Again I was off the beer before I could even get a sniff in after my bout of Christmas flue. Terrific.

As the colic left me I returned to work, taking on the small and simple job of a bit of plastering in a pub. Sounds better than it was. Yes I had the keys to a pub. Yes I could get in the beer cellar but wait, no beer, no pumps, no heavily bosom-ed bar maids and did I mention no beer? Needless to say I soldiered through the misery and finished the job, only to wake up to the back from hell. Normally a job that leaves me with a bit of an achy shoulder left me almost incapable of movement. Tore the muscles in the back of my neck I did. Don't advise it if anyone is considering it. It fookin' hurts.

The flue, the colic, yes they were horrible but at least they allowed me to sit right here and mod the wonderful game which is Morrowind. The neck thing, not so much. 10 minutes of sitting made me feel like I had been beaten with a stick. Not just any stick either but a big fook off stick.

I'm hoping, touch wood, that the rest of the year will vastly improve and I can get back to work and modding. This sucks. 2018. Fook off! 

Anyway. Still can't get back into the Dwemer Rebirth Project and I'm currently playing with ideas for a better Caldera. Mostly because I remember growing up in a village that reminded me of it.




In fact the entire place had a feel of Morrowind. This ruin is just behind that row of shops




And of course, no self respecting English village would be complete without a castle.




Along with the forests, woods, steams and rivers, the old Tudor buildings, the ruins of an Abbey, the Norman castle and later of course the English country pubs we had witches.

Not just any witches. Pendle witches. The ones where all the stories come from and the ones where we get the insult "nutter" (Alice Nutter was one of the witches tried and executed).

To further push my reasoning for loving Caldera and indeed Morrowind itself, this place was less than a mile away from my front door;





Does that scream Morrowind or what? 

Enough ramblings for now. I have no idea how I went from my Christmas woes to my wonderful childhood but there you go. Say what you're thinking I guess. Till next time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...