Saturday 28 April 2018

Mad May Madathon!

Three days to go before the great Mad May Modathon! Also three days to go before Morrowinds 16th birthday (and my youngest's 20th!). Yes folks. Morrowind has been going for 16 years on Tuesday 1st May and we are still modding it, playing it, improving it and talking about it. Downloading mods for it, buying it on Steam, auctioning box sets on e-Bay and some strange people (8.5 million of them) are playing the online version.

I've been involved in several great and long lasting communities before, such as Age of Empires and the Sims but, Morrowind is the most dedicated of all. If you look back at the mods of old you will find authors that are still releasing new things. Fame has been dished out over the years to many for mods that hit the downloads like number one records in the charts.

Unlike the music scene, the Morrowind hall of famers are a modest bunch and will spend more time thanking others for their inspiration, support and assistance than they will bloating their heads.

 I must also take this opportunity to remember two greats that are no longer with us. Grumpy, noted mostly for his companion scripts sadly left us 13 years ago and of course Qarl (Steve 2013), famed for his myriad of textures, bouncing boobs and of his best work to date. The Underground. 

Both of you will be sadly missed.

Well that went downhill like a dung beetles breakfast so I'll pick up the mood.

Morrowind May Modathon!


As it draws near all the moders are getting ready on Discord, happily chatting together about their projects and being equally secretive while tantalising at the same time.

If you don't know what MMM is then I suggest you go Here and find out.

If you do know and are planning on joining in then join the Discord Here

This year there will be achievements to win as well as prizes!! Check these out (courtesy of Melchior Dahrk)



Imagine one of those proudly stamped at the top of your next release?

I wasn't going to enter this MMM due to the fact I wont actually have a computer for the entire month of May! But.... I will be making a modelling tutorial for my entry that if nothing else will stoke the fires burning in those out there that want to mod but have no idea where to start.

That's it. Signing off for today. 

Happy modding all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I've neglected Morrowind once again! The neck went wonky and I couldn't sit here wasting my life but...I did get a chance to finish ...